This recipe is a combination of three recipes- one of which is Janeen's Mexican Corn Chowder recipe which I love, but my waistline does not. So this is a brothier version. Also. typing this with one hand as I hold a sick, cranky baby and asking Sawyer every two minutes if he has to pee, so disregard any typos.
1 onion
4 garlic cloves
olive oil
2 jalapeno peppers
4 cups chicken broth
1 can stewed tomatoes or diced tomatoes (whatever you have)
1 tsp. cumin
2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 c. half-n-half (opt. brothier if you don't, but I like it in)
1 can corn
1 can black beans (opt. I add them if I want to hear my kids complain...)
2 c. chopped chicken
salt & pepper
Garnishes:
Avocado
Cilantro
Fresh squeezed limes
Tortilla strips (I thinly slice up the uncooked ones from Costco and fry them for 30 sec or so)
Heat olive oil in pan, add chopped onions and cook for a couple of minutes. Add garlic and jalapeno and cook for 30 seconds. Add chicken broth and tomatoes and boil for ten minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients.
I think it is better to make it earlier in the day and let the flavors sit and then do the garnishes right before serving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment